As models, we are always trying to figure out what exactly is a “balanced diet.” What is too much carbs, too much protein, or even too much fruit? Believe it or not, fruit has a lot of sugar. Your body can only process a certain number of sugar and the excess is stored as fat. Understanding serving sizes will be become your best friend. I prefer to eat citrus fruits rather than fruits that are higher in sugar. I’m always going up and down in weight, so I understand the struggle. I want to share with you guys some of my favorite foods and how they have changed my body for the better.
1.The misconception of eating “salads”.
- Grilled chicken salads are high in protein, and you should always have a serving of greens on your plate with every meal. However, what will make or break your salad is the dressing. Salad dressings typically have so much fat and sugar that it takes away from all of the nutrients that your body is in fact getting from the salad. My advice to everyone that is trying to live a healthier lifestyle is to trade your blue cheese dressing for balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil with vinegar and salt and pepper. Your salad will be just as tasty but your body will be able to absorb the nutrients that it has to offer.
2. Making your love for fruits work for you and not against you.
- Grapefruits are an amazing fat burning fruit that is low in calorie and sugar. It is a citrus fruit that is a great snack or even goes well with your eggs and coffee for breakfast.
- Apples are a great source of fiber. They promote regularity which is great for my ab lovers! In addition they are a great antioxidant, as well as reduces the chance of cancer, heart disease and diabetes. The small things can make a big difference.
- Limes are known to me as the bittersweet fruit. They are bitter in there taste but sweet in what they have to offer. Limes are amazing weight reducers and they cut body fat. Putting a lemon or lime on your glass of or tea can make all the difference.
3. The Misconception that all “all fat is bad fat”.
- My love for avacado did not come over night, but now I can’t imagine what life would be like without them. They are great with my eggs, veggie burger or even as a nice spread on my toast. Avocado’s are a “healthy fat”. They are the fats that your body burns for energy. Although avacados can be slightly high in calorie, they are a great source of healthy fats.
4. Most importantly above all is to drink lots of water!! Fiji Water and I have partnered together on this blog post to provide you guys with the most efficient ways of finding a balanced diet that incorporates everything you love, and everything you need.
- I hope these tips are useful for those trying to live a healthier liftestyle. Even the slightest adjustments or additions can make all the difference. My personal “rule of thumb” is just to have a balanced diet, it definitely makes all the difference. It makes room for an occasional chocolate cake or that ice cream that you love so much. Take it from someone that definitely has a sweet tooth.